Health & Wellness Solutions
Health insurance provides for medical expenses to the insured in case of hospitalization, for more than 24 hours, caused due to illness or accident. Health insurance covers Medicare needed of individual or family for surgeries, nursing care, consultation fees, diagnostic tests, hospital accommodation etc. Health insurance also pays for regular checkups. The insured in return pays a specified amount called premium on an annual or bi-annual basis.
Why Health Insurance?
No one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need medical care at some point. Health insurance covers these costs and offers many other important benefits.
- Health insurance protects you from unexpected, high medical costs.
- You pay less for covered in-network health care, even before you meet your deductible.
- You get free preventive care, like vaccines, screenings, and check-ups, even before you meet your deductible.
- If you have a Marketplace plan or other qualifying coverage, you don’t have to pay the fee that many people who don’t have coverage must pay.
Types of health insurance plans
Individual and Family
Also called comprehensive or major medical, individual and family coverage is likely the first type of health insurance you might think of. It covers a wide range of services.
- Lasts 12 months or longer
- Can be renewed (in most cases)
- Meets the Affordable Care Act requirements and includes:
- Emergency services, hospitalization, and preventive care
- Maternity, newborn and pediatric care
- Mental health care & substance abuse treatment
- Laboratory services, prescription drugs, and disease management
- Rehabilitative services and devices